We are looking forward to the reopening of our Mosque from 2nd December. However, we must give paramount importance to the wellbeing and safety of the worshippers and staff, especially as people from BAME communities are more likely to be affected by Covid-19.
We are closely monitoring information about the continued spread of Covid-19. London boroughs considered to be at risk of further outbreaks and they have been put under Tier 2 from 2nd December.
We currently plan to reopen on Wednesday 2nd December 2020, initially for the daily prayers with limited capacity. Also, we will perform TWO Friday prayers start from Friday 4th December, the first Khutbah will be at 12.10pm in Arabic language and the second will be at 1pm in English language.
Please follow these instructions and guidelines when coming to the Mosque after re-opening:
1. The doors will open 15 minutes before and after each Jama’ah prayer. Worshippers must leave as soon as the prayer finishes.
2. Anyone with any symptoms of Covid-19, or who has been in contact in the last 14 days with anyone with Covid-19, must not come to the Mosque.
3. Social distancing and other requirements for safe operation have reduced our initial capacity to 250 men and 55 women. Once this limit is reached on the basis of first come first in, no one else will be admitted to the Mosque for prayer.
4. We recommend downloading the NHS Covid-19 App to be able to scan the QR code for track and trace which are available at the entrances of the building.
5. Children under the age of 12 will not be admitted.
6. Anyone over the age of 70, or anyone whose health makes them vulnerable, must not come to the Mosque at this time.
7. To be admitted you MUST:
* perform your Wudu before coming to the Mosque
* wear a face mask at all times
* bring your own prayer mat
* bring a bag for your shoes (you must keep your shoes with you at all times)
8. There will be a one-way system placed in the Mosque to control the number coming into the Mosque. The entrance will be from the Carpark area and the exit will be from the main entrance. You must observe social distancing inside and when queuing outside the Mosque.
9. Hand sanitizers will be available; you must use these on entry, and before and after touching any surfaces.
10. Use only the marked prayer spaces in the halls, to maintain social distancing.
11. There should be no socialising in the Mosque; it is only opening for congregational prayer. Shaking hands, hugging and other contact must be avoided.
12. The Mosque will be closed between prayers, and will not be available for individual worship.
13. The opening of the Mosque and the restrictions will be kept under daily review. Any changes will be notified using our website and social media.
14. We urge our community to follow the guidelines and abide by the instructions of our stewards.
We will need everyone’s cooperation in these challenging times. May Allah ﷻ help us to re-open our Mosque safely for our community.